Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default If Statement Help

Bob's is the more flexible solution, but you could do it like this:

=IF(I2="","",IF(I2=0,"Letter of Credit",IF(I2<=2.25%,"LOW
Rate",IF(I2<=5.0%,"HIGH Rate","Poor Risk"))))

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 15, 5:31*pm, Stockwell43
wrote:
Hi Bob,

Couldn't I use an If statemnt in the cell and just drag it down? I am not
familiar with Excel enough to do it the way you are suggestion.

Thanks!!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:
Create a two column table elsewhere with the possible rates in one column,
loan types in the next, then use

=VLOOKUP(rate,lookup_table,2,False)

--
HTH

Bob

"Stockwell43" wrote in message
Hello,

My boss needs me to do an IF statment on a spreadsheet. Here is what I
need:

In the Column "Interest Rate" the cells are percentages 0.00%, 5.50%,
2.25%
and so on. In the Loan Type Column are the loan types depending on the
Percentage Rate.

What I need is this:
If Interest rate is 0.00% then Loan Tpye is "Letter of Credit"

How do I get Excel to do this if the user enters 0.00% in the interest
rate
column?

Thanks!!- Hide quoted text -