Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Frank Situmorang[_2_] Frank Situmorang[_2_] is offline

Default #num error using IRR

Hello,

Suppose I have money of IDR 300,000,- ( this is my money not a loan). Now I
want to evaluate whether to Invest to build houses for rental. I have a
problem if to calculate the IRR for investment. I tried to make in first line
300,000, because this is my money, and then in the 2nd linse minus 300,000 (
capital outlay) then at the bottom I calculate the IRR for the value from 1st
line to next, but it still shows the error. Please help, how can I use it, It
can only works if I put minus 300,000,- which is not true because this is not
a loan, but my money.

Here is my data

Year Invest Put in the bank Interest 8% p.a
1 0 (300-300)300,000
2 72,000 27,000
3 72,000 27,000
4 72,000 27,000