Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
beeblemonster beeblemonster is offline

Default Using VLOOKUP with a reference to a different file...

no. File name and Sheet 1 are replacements of what I have. I can't really
send that information out. But sheet 1 is replaced by the name of my first
tab and file name is exactly as the file name is. [bla bla bla (Updated
aug08).xls]

"Glenn" wrote:

beeblemonster wrote:
It's still not working.
The file being called upon is open behind it. I have '[file name.xls]sheet
1'!$A:$X in A1. and C3 is showing... #REF! with =VLOOKUP(A3,INDIRECT(A$1),15)
as the code.

I can't find the mistake anywhere...

Does A1 actually say "file name" and "sheet 1", or did you substitute the file
name and sheet name you actually are trying to reference.