Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WT WT is offline

Default AutoFilter issues

Thank you I had an idea there was a limit. Unfortunately all the items in
column are unique so I will be sure to sort by the column first. Thanks
again.
--
Thank you

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

AutoFilter list has a limit of 1000 unique items.

Use CustomEqual to or Contains

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:21:01 -0700, WT wrote:

I have a medium sized spreadsheet (12 col, 3000 rows) and I have activated
the autofilters across the 12 columns. The sheet is pre-sorted by the first
col which contains text and no filters are set. In seeking a number in the
third column I use the drop list expecting to find a complete listing of all
the numbers in the column however, the number I seek does not appear yet I
know it exists.
Then when I use the Filter and sort the 3 column ascending the number along
with many others magically appear in the drop list. Is there a known issue
using autofilters or a perhaps a limitation in the drop lists???