Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MOLLY66 MOLLY66 is offline

Default Changing linked worksheet and range of cells

Hi Barb

Thanks for your quick response. Sorry, I've probably not been clear. My
function to count the countries is fine, it's just when I try to update my
links to a new spreadsheet and new range that I don't know what to do. I
have used the edit/link option to update my master spreadsheet to look at a
new spreadsheet, which is fine, but I want to change the range as well.

Thanks in advance

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

Try this

=countif(Sheet2!A:A, Sheet1!A2)

Sheet2!A:A contains the source data
Sheet1!A2 contains the country you want to count.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"Molly66" wrote:

Hello

I have a spreadsheet (master spreadsheet) which counts the number of times
individual countries appear in one column on a linked spreadsheet. The
linked spreadsheet and range of cells always changes. How can I update my
master spreadsheet to count the number of times a country appears in the new
range of cells in the new linked spreadsheet? I figured out how to update
the link to a new spreadsheet but not how to change the range of cells.
--
Thanks in advance