Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Knee2no Knee2no is offline

Default Tracking Dates For Future Occurrences

This is a great start, but I am confused on setting up the formula's in the
conditional formatting. Sorry, I have nearly no experience..

"JP" wrote:

This is just air code to get you started.

This formula returns the current date. For example, 8/13/2008 is
serial number 39673.

=DATE(YEAR(NOW()),MONTH(NOW()),DAY(NOW()))

This formula returns the serial number for June 1st of the current
year (i.e. it *should* auto-adjust for 2009)

=DATEVALUE("6/1/" & YEAR(NOW()))

This formula returns 39600 for 6/1/2008.

So if you subtract the second number from the first, you get the
difference in days (negative numbers means the number of days past 6/1
of the current year). Now you can simply use them in the conditional
formatting box to set up your cell coloring. The formula that checks
30 days out should come first, followed by 15 days out, etc...

HTH,
JP

On Aug 13, 4:10 pm, Knee2no wrote:
In 2007 Also..

"Knee2no" wrote:
Can this be done? I want to track a yearly review. I would like the date,
once entered - say 6/1/2009, to conditionally format to change yellow 30 days
before, then red 15 days before, and then to stay red until the date is
updated again for say 6/1/2010. Can this be done? I am new to all this,
thanks..- Hide quoted text -