Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Infinitogool Infinitogool is offline

Default counting different dates

Hi Patel

Try
dates: A1:A20
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A20<"")/COUNTIF(A1:A20,A1:A20&""))

Regards,
Pedro J.

Hi all,
This question may have been answered before but I did not see it going
through many of the posts. Below is what I am looking for
I have a list of returned products column A is the date product is returned
the other columns data referring to the return. I want to keep a running
total of the # of dates I received returns on. For Example if I have the
following Dates:

8/1/08
8/1/08
8/2/08
8/3/08
8/4/08
8/4/08
8/5/08

I need the running total to say that there are 5 days, basically the formula
should count each date only once despite having multiple entries on the same
date.