Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] adambush4242@hotmail.com is offline

Default Do not allow an entry in a cell if another cell has an entry.

Ray,

If you want to use check boxes instead of X's, you can put code in that says

If CheckBox1.Value = True Then
CheckBox2.Value = False
CheckBox3.Value = False
End If

This might be a little tedious to set up but it should work for your purposes.

Adam Bush

"Ray IDEX" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that users fill in for an audit. They need to enter an x
in one or four rating columns. I can limit the value entered and force an x
through validaion with no problem.

What I need to do is to allow an x in only one column. There are four rating
columns B, C, D and E. If they put an x in column B, then I do not want them
to be able to put an x in columns C, D or E. Likewise, if they put an x in
column C, then B, D and E must be blank.

How do I allow only one column to have an entry?