Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Diana Diana is offline

Default MAX & MIN - Can Column Header be returned with these?

Here is an example of what I need:

East West North South Max
Min
Joe $10 $23 $25 $21 North
East
Joy $35 $18 $11 $17 East
North

When I do my Max & Min formulas, I want the actual header to show, not the
$$$.

There has to be a way to do it because I do a reverse when using Match &
Index formulas..

Thanks so much!!!

"T. Valko" wrote:

Is what I'm asking for something that can be done?

Yes, but you have to provide some details.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Diana" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm doing MAX & MIN formulas on financial data. Instead of having the
actual MAX or MIN dollar amount show, I want the column header name to
appear
instead. I haven't been able to figure it out. Is what I'm asking for
something that can be done?

Thanks for any guidance!