Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JStiehl JStiehl is offline

Default Help with IF statements

Thank you for your help. This worked great, but unfortunately Excel only let
me enter this formula for 10 of the 25 income cells before I received the
error message "Formula too long". Any ideas how to get around this? Thanks
so much for your help.

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

If I understand you correctly then with the income in G10 and the frequency,
("Monthly" etc), in H10 then:

=G10*CHOOSE(MATCH(H10,{"Yearly","Monthly","Twice Per Month","Per Two
Weeks","Per Week"},0),1,12,24,26,52)

will multiply the income by the correct frequency.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"JStiehl" wrote in message
I need to create an IF statement that gets around the limitation of only 7
functions. I've tried the LOOKUP functions, but they don't seem to work
for
my situation because a multiplication function must take place in the
second
set of parenthesis. Here is what I need to do:

People using the form I'm creating will enter their income in one cell and
then choose one of the following from a drop down menu in another cell:
yearly, monthly, twice per month, per 2 weeks, per week. I need to
convert
the income totals to the same format (yearly) before adding the numbers
together in a new cell for a total (income totals will be multiplied by
12,
24, 26 or 52 depending on their choice from the drop down menu). There is
the
potential for 25 different incomes to be entered on this form (thus my
problem).

I am really having trouble figuring this out and need some step by step
help. Thank you so much!