Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Meekil Meekil is offline

Default Repeat function in Excel 2007 not working when sorting data

Yes your right it works perfectly in 2003 but do the same thing in 2007 and
nothing happens.
--
MeekilB

"Joel" wrote:

I tried it on Excel 2003 and it does work

I put the number 10, 9 , 8 ... 1 in column A1:A10. Then I selected the
1st 5 items and performed a sort. Next I changed the selected Range to
include all 10 items. Then did Cntl-Y. The area sorted perfectly.

"Meekil" wrote:

I mean if you want to repeat the sort function on other data on the same
sheet. It doesn't do it. It does in 2003.
--
MeekilB

"Joel" wrote:

??? If something is sorted, nothing is going to change if you do the sort
again? What changed in 2003?

"Meekil" wrote:

I am wondering if this is by design or if it is a bug. When you use the Sort
button in Excel 2007 and then try to repeat the sort action again either by
pressing F4 or Ctrl + Y nothing happens. The repeat function seems to work
fine for anything else except sorting. Is this normal, a bug, by design or
what? I have tested it in Excel 2003 and it works perfectly. Please help.
Appreciate any help or advice on this.
--
Thank you.
MeekilB