Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom[_2_] Peo Sjoblom[_2_] is offline

Default Cross-posting

It's perfectly fine to cross-post as opposed to multi-post which is the real
time waster

Peo Sjoblom

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
Why do you think cross-posting a "time waster"? Did you see the 2nd part
of the message I posted in this thread?

Rick

"Fred Smith" wrote in message
You're right, there's a difference between cross-posting and
multi-posting. Regardless, they are both time wasters, both for you and
the responders. Had you asked your question initially in either of the
discussion boards, you would have had your answer by now.

Regards,
Fred.

"SwearBear" wrote in message
One of the posts I read yesterday was by a MS MVP who was chastising
someone
for posting the same question to two different discussion groups and
telling
him what a waste of time THAT was. He suggested "cross-posting" as
responders would see just the one question and their answer(s) would
automatically show up in either group. That way they would not be
spending
their time answering the same question twice. I think it's set up that
way
purposely - it made sense to me. As I said, the person he was
chastising was
sending multiple copies of the same question to multiple discussion
groups.
That was not my intent.
--
Sociopath

"Fred Smith" wrote:

"is there something I need to know"

Yes, don't cross post. It's a real time waster.

Most responders monitor the main groups, including .programming and
..worksheet.functions. Post to either one of these.

Regards,
Fred.

"SwearBear" wrote in message
How do I cross-post to more than one discussion group. I had a
question
that
I wanted to post to both the Excel Programming discussion group and
the
Excel
Worksheet Functions d.g. When I went to "Advanced Options" and
entered
both
discussion group names, it wouldn't take the post, whether I
separated the
names with commas or with semi-colons. I'm new to this, so is there
something I need to know about "full USENET designations" for the
discussion
groups?
--
Sociopath