Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom[_2_] Peo Sjoblom[_2_] is offline

Default Calculating Average over many worksheets

If you don't have any other numbers not to be included in column C you can
use

=AVERAGE(First:Last!C:C)

and if you create new sheets than you should literally create 2 dummy sheets
one perhaps called First and one call Last and then you can insert any new
sheet in-between them and you won't have to change the formula

Peo Sjoblom

"Pepper" wrote in message
I have 19 worksheets, all set up with the same column designations but with
varying number of rows in use. I need to calculate an average for all the
numerical values in Column C on all the worksheets. Currently the most
rows
in use on a worksheet is 1987 and the least is 67.
As a quick solution , I copied and pasted them all into one column on a
new
worksheet and averaged at the bottom but there must be a far better way.
Thanks

Pepper