Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B Kevin B is offline

Default How do I subtract a negative number from a positive number?

To subtract a negative number from a positive one, add the two values.

If cell A1 has the value of 123 and cell A2 has the value of -23 then adding
the two together will produce the value of 100

--
Kevin Backmann

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

H3 = -6
I3 = 6

Your formula
=I3-H3
Gives me 12. What do you get? What do you expect to get?

Mike

"csanta" wrote:

I need a formula to subtract a negative from a positive #.
Ex. I have =I3-H3 in the cell but H3 is negative and I3 is positive and it
is adding them instead of just displaying the difference.