Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMay JMay is offline

Default Keeping forumla cell reference after cut and pasting

perhaps a bit crude, but if you don't have to do this routine much before
copying you can edit the formula to "z=$A$1+$B$1" (without the quotes)
then Copy and paste. In the pasted cell - Edit (F2) and remove the "z".
Done

"Eli" wrote:

I am trying to cut and paste data, while maintaining the same forumula
references that I had before. For example before I cut and paste lets say the
formula is:

=$A$1+$B$1

Now lets say I want to move the data in A1 and B1 over one spot, so I cut
the two cells and paste them in B1 and C1. Excel automatically updates the
formula to:

=$B$1+$C$1

How do I make the formula stay as it was orginally?

Thanks for your help.