Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Karen Karen is offline

Default SUMPRODUCT formula using hours:minutes

O& gets same results as [h]:mm format except with a decimal. The numbers are
7:45, 7:45, 8:44, and 6:12. simply added they equal 29.46. Number format
shows 30:26 and [h]:mm shows 1.26, neither of which I know how to tie to the
actual hours and minutes it should reflect.
--
Excelsolutions4U

"daddylonglegs" wrote:

Hello Karen,

What does the hours:minutes column look like? If there are no hours do you
get 0:45 or does it display like :45? If it's the latter try

:=SUMPRODUCT((0&'[Kronos Daily Labor
Report]2'!$O$15:$O$365)*('[Kronos Daily Labor
Report]2'!$I$15:$I$365={100,130}))

If you can get the calculation to work then you can format the result cell
as [h]:mm to display hours over 23:59

"Karen" wrote:

I have to use an hours:minutes column from a Kronos payroll report(exported
to Excel) in the following formula:=SUMPRODUCT(('[Kronos Daily Labor
Report]2'!$O$15:$O$365)*('[Kronos Daily Labor
Report]2'!$I$15:$I$365=100)+('[Kronos Daily Labor Report
.xls]2'!$I$15:$I$365=130))

(Sum column O if the position code is 100 or 130)
This formula is on an external spreadsheet.

I am getting a value error and my first problem is to determine the
formatting in the h:mm column coming from the payroll report. I have followed
no avail. I did something to make it work yesterday, but can't do it again.
Converting this column will have to be part of a macro.

Second problem I have is when the h:mm are added, the formatting is to be
hours:minutes without changing to days after reaching the 23:59:59 amount.
Will this formatting be on the external spreadsheet containing the formula
or can I fix it all on the payroll sheet with the macro?

If someone will look at these sheets, I can email them. Although I am using
Vista and Office 2007, the user will have XP and Office 2003. Thank You!
Excelsolutions4U