Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom[_2_] Peo Sjoblom[_2_] is offline

Default Keeping forumla cell reference after cut and pasting

One way

replace the formula with

=INDIRECT("A1")+INDIRECT("B1")

or for that particular formula

=SUM(INDIRECT("A1:B1"))

no need to use the dollar signs since it is a text reference inside INDIRECT

Peo Sjoblom

"Eli" wrote in message
I am trying to cut and paste data, while maintaining the same forumula
references that I had before. For example before I cut and paste lets say
the
formula is:

=$A$1+$B$1

Now lets say I want to move the data in A1 and B1 over one spot, so I cut
the two cells and paste them in B1 and C1. Excel automatically updates the
formula to:

=$B$1+$C$1

How do I make the formula stay as it was orginally?

Thanks for your help.