Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] vidguru@gmail.com is offline

Default If And Help?

First, I would like to say I really appreciate everything.

Yes, I want all but the highest price one flagged. If the claim
numbers, code, and r.code match, I want all but the highest priced one
flagged. I want unique records unflagged. I messed up in my response
previously, so sorry for the confusion. I messed up when I said the
2308's were flagged correctly. the third row of data (2308 v7.23
3809 $33.00) should not have been flagged since it is unique. I guess
to summarize it, unique records should not be flagged. The way we
link the data and review it is as follows: If the claim number, code,
r.code match (or are duplicated, such as multiple rows with the same 3
fields) then we want all the lower paid values marked as D for reason
code.

2308 v7.23 3802 $49.99
2308 v7.23 3802 $29.99 D
2308 v7.23 3802 $19.99 D
2307 v7.23 3802 $27.99 *** would not be marked since claim
number is different ***

The bottom two would be flagged since the claim, code, and r.cod are
the same, so we want to mark all but the line with the highest value.

If another has the same code, and r.code, but a different claim line,
then that would be unmarked. I guess the easiest way for me to say
it, and maybe I should have from the start, treat claim, code, and
r.code as what must be locked in. For comparison purpose (not wanting
it to look like this): This is just showing that ultimately the data
is these three columns must match (claim, code, r.code), and is what
is looked at in determining which is lower.
2308v7.233802 $49.99
2308v7.233802 $29.99 D
2308v7.233802 $19.99 D
2307v7.233802 $27.99 ***would not be marked since it doesn't fit
the criteria, 2307v7.233802 is not equal to the rest in the list***

So for the below, we look at: 2917 v.807 5039's. We would mark the
non highest values, so in below, we would mark the $57.35, and $63.07
values.

What binds them together is, Claim number, code, and r.code must be
the same. If claim number is different, but code and r.code match
others, then it is not the same. All 3 fields must be the same and
then we look at the 4th field (paid) and mark all but the highest
value one.

G L M S U
Claim Code R. Code Paid Reason Code
2308 v7.23 3802 $49.99