Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JP[_4_] JP[_4_] is offline

Default Security

In Excel 2003, when you protect the worksheet, there are options you
can set such as not allowing users to select unlocked cells, use
autofilter, etc. Are you using Excel 2003?

--JP

On Aug 11, 4:36*pm, Liz J wrote:
Sorry, sent the last message without explaining more. *
So, I've protected the sheet... but is there a way to have the spreadsheet
no allow the review to do the simpliest of things, such as, hiding columns? *
I placed the spreadsheet into read-only mode, but, Excel is still letting me
manipulate the data... *Thanks for your help!

"Liz J" wrote:
JP,

Thanks, but I would like to know specificially if there is a way to disable
the viewer's ability to make any changes

"JP" wrote:

Protect the worksheet.

In Excel 2003, Tools Protection Protect Sheet

--JP

On Aug 11, 1:37 pm, Liz J wrote:
I would like to take away the ability of a viewer to unhide any columns that
are hidden. *How do I do that? *Thanks!- Hide quoted text -