JulieD

Hi David

this could be difficult, as any code that i can envisage running would cause
the sheet to recalculate - which means that it would change all of the 17
names not just the duplicated ones (that's if all 17 of them are populated
by a formula in the cell) .. a solution, therefore (from my knowledge base
anyway) would be a macro that keeps running until all 17 locations have
unique names in them, would that be an option .. however, basically, apart
from the fact you have to check all 17 manually, you could achieve the same
by pressing the F9 key ......... so, do you think a macro like this would be
useful?
--
Cheers
JulieD
"David L" wrote in message
Hi Julie,
You are right about the duplicate names. Actually, I have several list to
pick from. I have a front page. It has 17 different locations I need
names
to go into. Each list I randomly pick from has its own catogory. The
different catogories contain some of the same names. I need to pick a
random
name from each catogory and not have them duplicate the same name within
the
17 locations. If there is a vba code that can be written, I would
appericate
the help and instructions own how to use the code within the worksheet.

Thanks again,
David L

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi David

a formula can only affect the cell it is in, it can't move or change
another
cell for this you need some code ...

from what i gather you've got two lists from which you're picking random
names, however, sometimes you get a duplicated name when you combine the
results of the two lists and you don't want this to happen? if this is
the
case, i don't understand how moving a name from g5 to j5 will help?

--
Cheers
JulieD
"David L" wrote in message
Is there a way to move a cell contents to another cell with a formula.
ex:
if a5="Name" then move g5 to j5? Also, I am using
=INDEX(Sheet1!B3:B12,INT((RAND()*10)+1),1) to pick random names from a
list.
I have the formula in different place pick random names from different
list.
This does work, but I have different list with some of the same names
and
with the random pick I do not want the same name to appear.
--
Thanks for any and all help.
Davidl