Jim Rech

If this appearing coincides with opening a file...

The Reviewing toolbar in Excel pops up whenever you open a workbook that has
been emailed from within Excel "for review". There may be other ways to
make this happen too. If you do a File, Properties you'll see the custom
file properties that have been added that triggers this.

You can kill the added file properties manually or run the below macro to do
it.

Sub KillReviewingCustProps()
Dim x As DocumentProperties
Dim Counter As Integer
Set x = ActiveWorkbook.CustomDocumentP*roperties
For Counter = x.Count To 1 Step -1
If Left(x.Item(Counter).Name, 1) = "_" Then _
x.Item(Counter).Delete
Next
CommandBars("Reviewing").Visib*le = False

Jim