Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] vidguru@gmail.com is offline

Default If And Help?

Here is what I need to do:

Column G contains a claim number. L contains a combination of letters
and numbers, its a code, like v3.7 etc. Column M contains a code, a 4
digit number. Column S is paid amount. T is Overpayment. Column U
is reason code. I am looking for a macro, or even maybe an if and
statement with an offset that can do the below:

G L M
S T U
Claim Code R. Code Paid
Overpayment Reason Code
2308 v7.23 3802
$49.99
2308 v7.23 3802
$29.99 D
2308 v7.23 3809 $33.00
2816 v7.23 3809 $96.00
2917 v8.07 5039
$57.35 D
2917 v8.07 5039 $93.18
2917 v8.07 5039
$63.07 D
etc..

The data is sorted, by multiple fields. Claim number, code, r. code.
I want a macro, or possibly and if and then statement that will look
at for: If G2 = G3 and L2 =L3 and M2=M3 then I want it to put a D
offset into Column U for whichever is the smaller of the amounts in
the overpaid column.. So, in this example, the D would go into Column
U3. If they don't match, such as line 2308 and 2816 I want it to be
blank.

There may be times that there may be multiple one with the claim
number, code, and r code being the same if possible.

Documents are several thousand lines long, so you can see, going
through manually comparing these take a long time. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.