Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nigeo nigeo is offline

Default calulate working hours and minutes between 2 dates and times

I need to calculate the working hours and minutes between two dates and times.
saturday and sunday need to be excluded and the core hours are 08:00 to 17:00.
I have a task that needs to be completed in 2 working hours but can arrive
any time in the 24 hour clock including weekends but the task time starts
from the working hours. At 17:00 the clock stops and begins again at 08:00
next working day.
date time format is m:d:yyyy h:mm
Task are presented across the rows so for example arrival time column M and
task close time column O. There is a column for overall time but I just need
the working hours and minutes taken to complete. A complete week list is
about 6000 rows so you can see the pain to do this manually.
I have scoured the internet / this site for an answer but at present have
had no luck getting something to work.
Can anbody help please
--
nigeo