Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Obtain Value from a Max Date Condition

If in chronological order, as presented, you really shouldn't need to check
the date. As I said, TRIM.
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"gcmontgomery30" wrote in message
Don, this didn't work either. Where does it reference the date ranges to
get
the Max date from? This doesn't seem like it would be such a difficult
formula to figure out, but I just can't find anything that will make it
work.
Any other advise?

Thanks,
--
gcmontgomery30

"Don Guillett" wrote:

See if this works. Array enter by using ctrl+shift+enter

=MAX(IF(A2:A22="test",C2:C22))

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"gcmontgomery30" wrote in
message
I need to find the value that is in an adjacent cell based on the max
(most
recent) date of a certain product number that will show up multiple
times
in
a seperate worksheet in the workbook and will have emply rows that data
will
be added to in the future. I have tried everything to make this work
with
no
luck. Please Help. Below is an example of what I need. If the product
were
test, I need to return the value of 200.

Product Date Ordered Qty Received
test 08/02/08 100
help 08/02/08 50
test 08/05/08 50
test 08/08/08 200
help 08/08/08 100

I would greatly appreciate any help with the formula that will make
this
work.
--
gcmontgomery30