Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Obtain Value from a Max Date Condition

See if this works. Array enter by using ctrl+shift+enter

=MAX(IF(A2:A22="test",C2:C22))

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"gcmontgomery30" wrote in message
I need to find the value that is in an adjacent cell based on the max (most
recent) date of a certain product number that will show up multiple times
in
a seperate worksheet in the workbook and will have emply rows that data
will
be added to in the future. I have tried everything to make this work with
no
luck. Please Help. Below is an example of what I need. If the product were
test, I need to return the value of 200.

Product Date Ordered Qty Received
test 08/02/08 100
help 08/02/08 50
test 08/05/08 50
test 08/08/08 200
help 08/08/08 100

I would greatly appreciate any help with the formula that will make this
work.
--
gcmontgomery30