Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dk dk is offline

Default VLOOKUP and Wrap Text

Hi,

Im using a VLOOKUP to display text in different worksheets in the same
workbook.

The trouble Im having is getting the data to display exactly as it does in
the reference worksheet.

Single cells with a single line of text show correctly, however, if the text
in the single cell is greater than one line or contains bulleted lines, then
the returns in the other worksheets either show a line of hash symbols
(##########) or just the first line of text.

I have used a General format for all the cells on all the worksheets and the
€˜Wrap Text checkbox is ticked. I would therefore expect the row height of
the cells that contain the VLOOKUP formula to change so it displays all the
reference data but it doesnt.

Will I have to preset the row heights on the other worksheets so that the
data displays correctly?

Im using Excel 2k3

DK