Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bobby[_2_] Bobby[_2_] is offline

Default How to produce a chart based on number of cells not values in thecells

Hi
I'm using Excel 2007. I have a requirement to base a chart on the
number cells rather than the values in the cell.

For example, here are some values I might enter against Monday to
Friday:

1,3,1,1,2

In this example, I want my (pie) chart to show that 3/5 are value 1,
1/5 is value 2 and 1/5 is value 3 (i.e. the pie chart should have 3
sections).

What excel does, is split the chart into 8 sections, and shows each
individual value.

Any suggestions on how I might achieve this,

Thanks for any help

Colin