Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ian Grega Ian Grega is offline

Default Double Pivot Table - Match Subtotal Rows

Mathew, instead of using two pivot tables you could use 07 and 08 as column
labels, that way they would match. But I doubt that your spreadsheet has the
same number of and identical codes for both years, remove all fields from the
Values area and check that you have an identical No. of Row Labels.

"Mathew P Bennett" wrote:

Good Evening Guys,
It's me again ref PTs.
I have now a w/s with two PT's next to each other- identical apart from the
top level filter (07 & 08). Now, because both PTs reference the same master
sheet, which is based on a set of (yes!) Nominal Legder codes, if in the 07
data, there is no transactions, then the PTwill ignore - so there is no row
for that NL code.

Is there a way to force the PT to show the row for the relevent NL
code-(showing a 0 value), even though there is nothing against that code,
even though it exists!
Hopefully then the two PTs subtotals will match on the same rows.

As always, thank you for all consideration.
PS. Bought Deborah's PT book today - Amazon (Well, my work did for me!)
And I am plumping for FastExcel.

Cheers Mathew