Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
swalker swalker is offline

Default Extracting Data from a string of text in a cell

I need to extract all the characters to the right of another character (^).
This (^) character appears in every cell of the column I am working with. It
can appear in differnent places within the text of the cell. For example, one
cell can have the test "12345^ABC" and another cell can have the tesxt
"1234567^ABCDEF". In the first case, I need to extract the "ABC" and the
second I need to extract the "ABCDEF". Once extracted I want to put the
information into a column next to the original text. Please advise the best
way to do this.