Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Ken is offline

Default Merging two similar worksheets

Each sheet is in five columns with date and time at the end thusly:
2po228 placeholder 25.236200 9/2/2004 8:42:30 AM
2po228 placeholder 25.231090 9/2/2004 8:49:41 AM
2po228 placeholder 25.234030 9/2/2004 8:55:15 AM
Each sheet has different data in column 3. Placeholder is a blank reserved
column. The final sheet would look like the above excerpt except the
placeholder column will be populated with data from the other sheet whenever
date and time matched. The final sheet could be either a new sheet or a
modification of one of the originals, doesn't matter. Thanks

"Joel" wrote:

What rules should we use in combining the two rows? Which columns have Date
and times? Which columns do the results go in?

"Ken" wrote:

Greetings, I have two worksheets which are similar and each have date and
time column data headings in addition to other columns.

For every row which has a matching date and time in both worksheets, I would
like to combine the data for that row from both worksheets into another
worksheet.

For every row with a date and time in either worksheet that does not have a
match in the other, that row will be discarded.

Sound familiar to anyone? Thanks.