Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gcmontgomery30 gcmontgomery30 is offline

Default find data based on conditon of a maximum date

Also, I will have an absolute range on the seperate sheet that has blanks
until data is entered. I just need to find a product by it's number, find the
most recent date received and then get the value in the corresponding cell
for quantity received. I have tried everything and any help would be greatly
appreciated.
--
gcmontgomery30

"gcmontgomery30" wrote:

I can't seem to make this work. My ranges will actually pull from a seperate
worksheet in the workbook and for the value I will enter specific text since
this value may occur more than one time. I only want the most recent date of
a product and then the value of the corresponding quantity received. Do you
know what I might be doing wrong? Thanks,
--
gcmontgomery30

"M Kan" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(C48:C52=MAX(C48:C52)),D48:D52,--(B48:B52=B54))

Where the data posted below resides in cells B48:D52
--
Tips for Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Other Applications
http://www.kan.org/tips

"gcmontgomery30" wrote:

I need to write a fomula that will give me the data in column C (quantity
received) after finding the most current date in column B (date received).
Example: if the product was Test, I would need to end up with the quantity
received of 25,00

PRODUCT DATE RCVD QTY. RCVD

TEST 01/24/08 10,000
HELP 12/18/07 40,000
HELP 02/12/08 3,000
TEST 02/12/08 25,000

Any assistance with this formula would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
HELP 02/12/08 3,000

--
gcmontgomery30