Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Anti-Spam Anti-Spam is offline

Default how do you remove leading spaces etc in cells?

I am trying to create a book listing my record/karaoke collection in
Excel, from the file names on my hard drive.

So far, I went to the command prompt in DOS, did a DIR to txt file
listing.

Have now manipulated this "txt" data into disk number, artist name and
track name in columns in Excel, but want to clean up the individual
cells. Here is what I would like to achieve.

1. A lot of the cells have a treble quotation leading in front on the
artists name for example, it would be nice if I could remove these
automatically (there are thousands).

2. Also a lot of leading spaces

3 If possible I would like to remove the trailing ".zip" ending from
the cells, again automatically

Please could someone help me thank you.

Mark.