Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I Bob I is offline

Default XL Runtime error '429' message

Based on the limited amount of info you actually provide about the
problem, here are three applicable ones to pick from determined by what
version you actually have.

XL97: DAO 3.0 CopyFromRecordset Method Not Compatible with Excel 97
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/157436/

"ActiveX component can't create object" error message when you use Data
Access Objects 3.0 (DAO 3.0) in Excel 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213577/en-us

"ActiveX component can't create object" error message when you use Data
Access Objects version 3.0 (DAO 3.0) Excel 2002

XL Baby wrote:

Dear Microsoft,
After plowing through your arcane knowledge base which I am having
difficulty understanding, and trying to follow some of the suggestions
contained in the document, I still have the same problem every time I call up
Excel. Won't anybody please help me with this annoying issue? I need to use
Excel because it is one of my most used programs. I don't know where to turn
besides this Discussion Group. Thank you.