Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Open File menu sort alphabetical.

Try clicking the View icon at the top right of the dialog.
Choose Details.
You'll see headers for each column
Click on the header and you'll sort by that column.
(it's a toggle, so you can sort ascending or descending)

ps. rightclick on the header and you can add more fields to the dialog.

Celle wrote:

Using MS Office Professional Edition 2003.

In MS Excel and MS Word, when I want to open a file (File - Open) the OPEN
box has the folders and files sorted in reverse alphabetical order (Z to A).
How do I get them to sort in alphabetical order?

Until last week, the folders were sorted in alphabetical order and they have
suddenly changed to reverse alphabetical order without any input from me.

--

Dave Peterson