Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MartinW[_2_] MartinW[_2_] is offline

Default Open File menu sort alphabetical.

Hi Celle,

In the file open dialog box, click on the views icon at the top
of the dialog (usually next to the create folder icon)
and go to Arrange IconsBy Name.

Doing this successive times toggles between A-Z & Z-A.

HTH
Martin

"Celle" wrote in message
Using MS Office Professional Edition 2003.

In MS Excel and MS Word, when I want to open a file (File - Open) the OPEN
box has the folders and files sorted in reverse alphabetical order (Z to
A).
How do I get them to sort in alphabetical order?

Until last week, the folders were sorted in alphabetical order and they
have
suddenly changed to reverse alphabetical order without any input from me.