Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
karl.sonja[_2_] karl.sonja[_2_] is offline

Default How do I reference a cell to another in the preceding workshee

I will give you my example of a cell ='SV 122'!N43
My sheets are named SV 120, SV 121, SV 122 etc
When I create sheet SV 122 by copying SV 121 I have to manually edit ='SV
121'!N43 to ='SV 122'!N43.
This is what I want to avoid doing because I have a large number of cells to
edit each time I create the next sheet.
Is there a way I can increment automatically the 121 to 122 during the
copy/create a new sheet process?
"RagDyer" wrote:

What is the naming routine of your sheets.

It's much easier to automate something like this if they're numbered in some
fashion.

RD

"karl.sonja" wrote in message
When I create another worksheet (ie copy a sheet) I want to refer in the
new
worksheet to some cell values in the PRECEDING worksheet. How do I refer
that sheet in the formulae so that it always refers to the previous sheet.