Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Milind Keer[_2_] Milind Keer[_2_] is offline

Default SUM IF with Array

Hi Dave

Thanks for the prompt reply. I did think of similar solution but the problem
is my data contains 1000s of rows and each time i get different sets of data
and this solution wont work for dat...

I can write a macro to dis... i mean i guess simple FOR LOOP would easily
take of dis.... but i just wondering can we do it using formulas...

thanks again!!
Milind

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I would add those names to each row using the techniques at Debra Dalgleish's
site:
http://contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html
or
http://www.contextures.com/xlVideos01.html#FillBlanks

Then hide the duplicates by using this:
http://contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Duplicate

I think it makes things lots easier.

Milind Keer wrote:

oooppsss formatting issue

Andy---------Mark-------MTD-----10
<Blank------<Blank----YTD-----20
<Blank-------<Blank---CTD.........30
Andy--------Mark------- MTD-----40
<Blank-----<Blank----YTD------50
<Blank-----<Blank----CTD------60
Jhon---------Mark------- MTD------ 70
<Blank-----<Blank----YTD------- 80
<Blank-----<Blank----CTD------ 90

Now here i want to add numbers of D coloumn
If Coloumn 'A' has 'Andy' , Coloumn 'B' has 'Mark' and Coloumn 'C' has YTD
Rember A2, A3, A5, A6, B2, B3, B5 and B6 cells are blank. If I repeat Andy
and Mark in each row then its very easy to sum but i dont want to do that.

The formula should return the result (20 + 50) = 70

I want to add value for 'Andy' 'Mark' and 'YTD' and i dont want to repeat
andy and mark's name

Could you please let me know the solution.

Thanks
Milind

--

Dave Peterson