Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom[_2_] Peo Sjoblom[_2_] is offline

Default Select All question

True, they added an annoying thing in 2003, you need to do it twice in Excel
2003 for it to select all, wait it gets worse! In Excel 2007 you have to
press Ctrl + A 3 times to select all! One press selects current region
although there was already a shortcut for that Ctrl + *

Here's a method showing how to restore it using code

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...x2k.htm#foobar

Peo Sjoblom

"P D Sterling" wrote in message
At home I have Excel 2002 and am very happy with it. At work, I have Excel
2003, and I find it disconcerting that, when I hit a Ctrl + A, it selects
a range of its own choosing, within the work I am most currently on. When
I say Select All, I mean Select All - is there some option that is
incorrectly set? I have looked all over the Customize and Options areas.
Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

P D Sterling
Florida, New York USA