Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gail gail is offline

Default applying conditional formatting to emtpy cells in a spreadsheet

I am looking for a way to apply conditional formatting to cells that are
blank in a spreadsheet, but I don't know how to represent a blank cell - I
have tried " " and "" with no luck. I am applying two conditions to an
entire column - one that says if the value is not equal to "Yes" (there can
be any number of alternate values in the cell) - then fill with red, I want
the second condition to be that if the cell is blank then no fill. The end
result I am looking for is that values of Yes and blank cells will not have
the conditional formatting applied - all others will be colored red. Maybe
I'm going about it backward.

Can this be done?

Thanks for any insights,
Gail