Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John C[_2_] John C[_2_] is offline

Default excel does not remember certain words

Melbourne autocompletes for me. I have xl2003.
--
John C

"jm" wrote:

"Fred Smith" wrote:

What's the word?
Are there any blank cells between the complete word and the cell you are
typing in?
Are there any similar words that start with the same letters (therefore
making it difficult for Excel to decide which one)?
Is there a lot of recalculation involved after you enter data in a cell?

Regards,
Fred.

"jm" wrote in message
hi all,i have a problem with excel2003 and all help would be much
appreciated.anyways,i enter quite a bit of data in excel and certain words
in
some columns are repeated,meaning they are exactly the same.when a word is
typed in a column and has been previously entered,excel will remember it.
eg:/ I start typing the word SYD excel will auto-complete the word
'SYDNEY'.excel remembers pretty much all of them except for just this one
word.it gets typed over and over but excel does not remember it and does
not
auto-compplete the word,which means i have to type the complete word.not
saying that i'm a slacker or lazy,just that i noticed this error(if i can
call it?) and wanted to resolve it.hope this makes sense :)

thanks for your reply Fred :)

the word is MELBOURNE.no blank cells,no spaces.and no,no other similar words
that start with the same letters.there's no calculation involved,just the
word itself.so therefore methinks excel should pickup the word straight away
and auto-complete it? if that makes sense?
ps:also,i have not made any changes/modifications to the cell,row or column
itself.