Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default And then there were ZEROs...

HELP, i'm going bonkers with zeroes. I've actually posted this quite a while
back, and worked on various suggested formulas but to no avail. I hope you
can be patient as i will have to explain quite elaborately due to the nature
of the required results. Here's what been bugging me (its for a football
statistics):

A B C
-0.5 1 0
+0.5 0 0
+0.5 0 1
+0.5 1 1
-0.5 0 0
-0.5 1 0
+0.5 0 2
-0.5 0 1
-0.5 0 3
+0.5 1 1

I would like to count the following:
a) two (2) consecutive 0s are met in column B, with condition that the
subsequent row (row 4 for above) if cell A4 is a positive digit (+0.5 in this
case). If YES, count the sequence everytime it happens within the column (if
NO, don't count).
=FORMULA?

b) While (a) just count the number of times it occurs, another formula is
required to count if condition (a) is met, AND (B4-C4)+A4=+ve number then
count how many times such an event happens within the column.

For both the above, it must be noted that in the event another 0 appears
after the two (2) consecutive 0s (see B7:B9), the formula will still remain
and count the subsequent row based on the conditions provided in (a) and (b).
Is this possible?

HELP! Thanks!