Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta Tushar Mehta is offline

Default Office 2007 Names - Why can't it start with Chart?

Yes, of course, Jon.

Is it possible you and Barb have some particular add-in installed that
is causing the problem?

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 22:36:55 -0400, "Jon Peltier"
wrote:

Tushar -

Did you try in Excel 2007?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Tushar Mehta" <ng_poster@tushar-underscore-mehta-dot-cee-oh-em wrote
in
message ...
I cannot replicate the problem.

I created 4 names, the first 3 being sheet level names and the last
one a workbook level name.

ChartBase =Sheet1!$F$1
ChartX =OFFSET(Sheet1!ChartBase,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$F:$F), 1)
ChartY =OFFSET(Sheet1!ChartX,0,1)
ChartY2 =OFFSET(Sheet1!ChartX,0,2)

Then, I created a Line chart with Sheet1!ChartX as the x values and
Sheet1!ChartY and Book1!ChartY2 as the values of 2 series. Everything
worked as expected.

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 11:30:01 -0700, Barb Reinhardt
wrote:

I have a workbook that has range names starting with Chart and other
range
names that are offset from that one. I'm thinking at least 100 are
affected. I know I can write a macro to change the names, and the
series
that use them, but why can't they start with Chart in Office 2007?
This is
going to be a lot of work to update.

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

Regards,

Tushar Mehta
Microsoft MVP Excel 2000-2008
www.tushar-mehta.com
Tutorials and add-ins for Excel, PowerPoint, and other products