Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default Office 2007 Names - Why can't it start with Chart?

Jon,

I can put something together to create range names, delete range names and
update the chart series. I don't need assistance with that, but thanks.

What is the symptom in Office 2007? Can you not create range names starting
with chart? If they are in a chart series, will they not display?

Barb Reinhardt

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

I know this is frustrating. It hardly makes sense to ask why, because the
answer will be along the lines of "because". I think it's probably an
oversight. I don't know of a way to change the charts if they are already in
2007, but I'm thinking that it might not hurt to try writing a little
macro.... Maybe if you check my blog in a few days.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
I have a workbook that has range names starting with Chart and other range
names that are offset from that one. I'm thinking at least 100 are
affected. I know I can write a macro to change the names, and the series
that use them, but why can't they start with Chart in Office 2007? This
is
going to be a lot of work to update.

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt