Max

Try in B1, copied down: =IF(A1="","",A1+4)

Or, if using in cond format formulas,
something along the lines of:

=AND(B1TODAY(),B1<"")
or
=AND(B1TODAY(),ISNUMBER(B1))

instead of just: =B1TODAY()

(Above assumes the cond format is to be triggered
if the date entered / evaluated in col B is a future date)

The additional conditions:

B1<""
ISNUMBER(B1)

will help ensure that the evaluated condition
for empty cells in col B remain FALSE
--
Rgds
Max
"Kenny Dee" wrote in message
Ok this somewhat works i guess, but what if the cell is a DATE FORMAT. I
still get a date enter into a cell which has no date to refer to. For an
exsample:

Cell A1 I enter and date and in cell B1 i enter this formula =A1+4
Once a date is enter into A1 04/12/05, in cell A2 and date is entered as
04/16/05.

But if no date is enter in A2 then B2 enters a default date. (Which I

don't
want) just a black cell would be fine.