Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
duketter duketter is offline

Default Cells reverting to Text Format

Excel 2007 - every once in a while I run into the issue of a cell going to a
text format instead of general format. When I edit a cell reference, it will
want to change to text format and then instead of dsiplaying the results of
my formula, it shows "=A1" in the cell for example. It shows the formula
instead of the result. I can fix it by going to fomat cells and then
changing it back to general number format instead of text number format but
how can I fix this so I never have to change this and go through these steps.