Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tom tom is offline

Default Autocalculate

yes Martin I believe the alt+ shortcut was what I was looking for.Thanks for
the help and thanks to everyone who replied.
"MartinW" wrote:

Hi Tom,

Are you maybe thinking of the Alt+= shortcut?
You select a row or column of data and tap Alt+=(equal sign) and
it will insert the autosum value in the next cell.

HTH
Martin

"Tom" wrote in message
I know how to use the various functions. I used to know a way to copy teh
actual answer from the autocalculate area onto the clipboard so it could
be
pasted or used. That is what I am looking for. Thanks

"Tom" wrote:

Is there a way to get the answers from the autocalculate area into the
actual
spreadsheet. In word you just copy it and paste. In Excel the answer
appears
in the autocalculate area but if you want to use the resulting answer in
the
spreadsheet , is there a way to copy the rsults to the spreadsheet?