Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
infinite1013 infinite1013 is offline

Default Removing Text

It is the first letter of that group. All of my info is in that exact format,
so, yes, both groups contain the five characters. There is always a single
space there. Thanks.

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

More details are needed...

Is it **always** a Z that is being removed or was that an example and you
really want the first letter (no matter what it is) of the second from the
end grouping removed?

Is the last group always 5 characters long?

Is the second group from the end always 5 characters long?

Is there always a single space between the last two groups?

Rick

"infinite1013" wrote in message
I have a column of text that I need to remove one letter from. The cells
are
formatted like this- AT&T DF ZS017 46336. I need to remove the Z. I would
go
through and do them individually, but there are about 16,000 of them. Is
there a formula that will do this?