Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
connie connie is offline

Default Converting Time to a Number

Hi T.

Thank you for your response. As you say, didn't need to use CONVERT.
Instead, I used (D14-INT(D14))*24*3600/60. This works perfectly. P14*1440
changes the cell format to Time, even though I make it General or Number.

Connie

"T. Valko" wrote:

Not sure why you're getting that error. My best guess is it has something to
do with the Analysis ToolPak add-in which is required for the CONVERT
function.

You really don't need to use the CONVERT function. This will do the same
thing:

=P14*1440

Format as General or Number

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Connie" wrote in message
Hello,
I used the following formula to convert time to a number:

=CONVERT(P14*24,"hr","mn")

This works perfectly for some time, then I will open the spreadsheet and
will receive a "Data Loss" error. When I open the spreadsheet, the cell
will
then have the following: =#N/A

Any help is appreciated.

Connie