Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Macro to change chart name only once

Maybe you could refer to the charts by their numbers:

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Activate

Or rename the chartobjects before you start your macro and then don't rename
them in your code?

If you ctrl-click on the chart's border, you should see the chart name in the
namebox (to the left of the formula bar). Just type the new name (make it a
nice unique name!) and then hit enter to complete the rename.

Aligi wrote:

I have a sheet with 3 charts, two of them are called "Chart 2" and I need to
perform via macro a change on the axis.

If I do not rename one of them the macro performs only once. If I rename it
does it fine, but if I run the macro twice it get stuck.

That is what I did so far:

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 2").Activate
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 2").Name = "Chart 1"
ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue).Select
ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue).MinimumScaleIsAuto = True
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 2").Activate
ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue).Select
ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue).MinimumScaleIsAuto = True
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 3").Activate
ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue).Select
ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue).MinimumScaleIsAuto = True

Please help!

--
Aligi

--