Nick Hodge

Mindy

A carriage return is automatically the delimiter for the next *record*
(Rows) what you need is the delimiter between fields, (Columns). If there is
no delimiter to be seen in the file, then it is possible the fields are
'fixed width'. This option can be set on the first screen of the text import
wizard.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Mindy" wrote in message
Hello, I'm still trying to import a .txt file into excel. I just learned
that the text file is divided into records by a carriage return. My
problem
is in Excel I don't see a delimiter like a carriage return or enter. am I
missing something? Mindy